Friday, September 15, 2006

The Deep End of the Spool


Fairly Fun
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
Cast-on fever and Christmas on the horizon are a dangerous combination. I have plenty to do around the house. I have a plethora of other knitting projects in midstream. But while working on one of those, THIS pattern caught my eye. (Interweave Knits, Winter 2004, p. 92ish)

Now I am obsessed. I am staying up way too late willing my clumsy fingers to pick and throw simultaneously. I am going blind, and loving it.

This is my first attempt at Fair Isle, and when you look up close it shows. But I'm getting better as I go. And I'm already thinking about what complicated colorful thing to cast-on next. (How's THAT for alliteration!)

BTW, I won the Bartlett on e-bay! Hah! Should be arriving any day so I can finish the aforementioned big red gansey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori Rode said...

Congrats on your Ebay win! I love the big auction site. I've gotten cool yarn there, but only in small amounts. I'm so glad you found what you need for your project.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home