Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Shameless exhibitionism


Front and Back
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
This morning I was stunned and delighted to find a comment in MY humble little blog from the fabulous and talented Yarn Harlot! Wow. What an honor. I bow daily at the feet of her thought-provoking wit and grace, not to mention her stories that are just freakin' hilarious. To think she took the time to check out my site!

Her encouraging words helped me climb aboard the blogging bandwagon again. I even considered posting pics of secret Christmas presents already in the works. Unfortunately the camera didn't cooperate.

So, in a moment of weakness, I'm posting my old "Knitting Olympics" project in case Her Harlotness decides to stop back again. This is the "Ruby the Dragon" vest I made for Zack, using the pattern for the dragon from Scarf Style. Even though it's an old project it is a new picture for the blog, and it shows the Barbara Walker lace castle on the front of the vest. The tail that wraps around the front is a little wonkey, (note to self: freestyle intarsia is a risky proposition) but I didn't feel like undoing the castle just to fix it.

Here's the finished product on the boy...
Ruby

Thanks for the inspiration, Stephanie. See you in Portland in a few weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home