Friday, April 13, 2007

Sizing Me Up


Eye on the Prize
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
... or hopefully down.

I started this sweater in January. it's from Interweave Knits Winter, 2004. On the cover a beautiful Asian woman is wearing this Kristin Nicholas design made in brown and green diamonds with red and yellow trim. It was the first issue of Interweave I ever bought and I saved it, hoping for a day when I'd be daring enough to knit the sweater on the cover

I toned down the color scheme a bit and LOVE the result. The knitting is fine, but slow. I knew it would be slow, kind of like losing weight. So, I decided to knit it a size small and lose the weight to fit into it at the same time.

Well... progress on both sweater and body has been slow. I had hoped to finish in time to wear it to my 20th college reuion in June. Since I have become distracted from both the knitting and the body projects, I am not optimisitc. And I keep making excuses in my head like, "It will be HOT in June anyway! No time to wear a sweater!"

So I've been making other things. Socks and lacey things out of Donna Druchunas's Arctic Lace. It's a small book, but it packs a punch!

I'm motiviated this morning to shed a few pounds. Maybe I'll get to work on that sweater again too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is beautiful. I've kept that issue too and I like the color scheme, but your choices are very pretty as well. Has me thinking that I could do this with some natural (I have grey, charcoal and white fleeces just waiting for inspiration...)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Quail Hill Knits said...

The colors you have chosen are beautiful. i did not care for the original color scheme from the cover. It is amazing how different the pattern looks with your changes.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

The change of color really makes the sweater look different. I like your combination better than the original. Good choice.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home