Monday, April 02, 2007

Getting ridgey with it


Lizard Ridge
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
I'm here... I'm here.
I've been woefully neglectful. Sorry. Time to sweep up the e-dust bunnies and clear the cobwebs from my own head and start writing again.

Been knitting up a storm, but I had a period a couple of weeks ago when I just didn't want to knit. It was horrifying, really. Happened once before, right after Christmas. I think slamming through that Darth Vader sweater in Superwash wool did me in. It's a cool Darth, but not a great-fitting sweater. I have yet to make a great fitting sweater for Zack.

So, I decided to knit something that doesn't need to fit. This is the Lizard Ridge blanket in process. I'd like to give it to a friend as a housewarming present. The color scheme is completely random, as I'm mostly using up Kuryeon I had lying around.

This Noro helped me find my knitting mojo again. So, I cast on several other projects and this one has been languishing. The library called to say it was my turn to check out Arctic Lace by Donna Druchunas. Wow. If you like lace, run -- don't walk -- to buy this book. It's thoroughly wonderful. I'm making the vest on page 147 using Silky Wool and a size 4 needle.

Lately I've been working on a felted easter basket for Zack, designed by my friend Cheri. Zack picked out the colors and boy are they bright -- like a box of sugary Peeps. Makes my teeth hurt to knit it, but I'm almost done. I'll spring the final version on you in a few days -- chocolate bunny and all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

So good to see you back! I can't wait to see the Easter Basket.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I've been wanting to try that Lizard Ridge. I'll just do it vicariously through you right now. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Li

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home