Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cat in the Hat!


Cat and Mike
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
Here is my sister-in-law, Cat, with her boyfriend, Mike. He is wearing the hat she made him for Christmas. She's wearing the one I made for her.

Cat has a very special place in my heart. When she was 11 she played the harp at our wedding. When she was 23 she taught me to knit. She did a lot of spectacular stuff in between 11 and 23, but those are two events that stand out in my personal experience with her.

This winter Mike taught her to snowboard and now nobody can miss her in her hat of many colors! Glad you like the hat, Cat. Merry Christmas!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love that hat. You have turned in to the Fair Isle queen! I also love the one in your post below. I just got some Cloud 9 to make a shawl. I'd never seen it before but it's wonderful and comes in so many great colors!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cat is beautiful! and that hat just lovely.

8:56 AM  
Blogger The Bullknitter said...

Awesome Hat! Will you share the pattern? Let me know, jebaines@telus.net

8:14 PM  
Blogger The Bullknitter said...

I love the cat hat. My grandma had one like that and I would love to make on in memory of her. She is still alive, but won't always be. Is it your pattern or out of a book? let me know, jebaines@telus.net

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home