Monday, April 07, 2008

I am cleaning out closets. I just found a box of 45s I've been trucking around for 30 years. I haven't had a record player in at least 20 of those years. Want to know what was in there? Here are the highlights:

"Dark Lady" by Cher
"Walk Like and Egyptian" by The Bangles
"In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans
"Muskrat Love" by Captain and Tenille
"Gonna Fly Now" (Theme from Rocky) by Bill Conti
"Rubberband Man" by The Spinners
"The NIght Chicago Died" by Paper Lace
"Rosanna" by Toto
"Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo

and the piece de resistance? A 45 with a generic looking white label that just says "Flip Wilson" in black letters. If I remember right, it's a comedy routine that came free in a box of laundry soap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Hilarious! I have a box of records in the basement that are probably warped and mildewed:( Don't think I have a working phonograph anyway!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were.....cool.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would like that FLIP WILSON record . do you want to sell them? You can email me @ davecramske@gmail.com thanks!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home