Friday, April 27, 2007

A Case of The Blahgs


Arctic Lace Vest
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
I am in awe of knit-bloggers who update their blogs both regularly and creatively. Lately I don't qualify. Got a little grief yesterday from one of my knitting students about my conspicuous absence here in the 'sphere. I'm just not feeling very witty with words.

Given the choice wouldn't you rather be knitting than blogging? It's all about perspective. If someone had a gun to my head right now I might be pursuaded to go downstairs and tackle the gi-normous pile of laundry... growing more organic by the minute. Definitlely NOT on my list of "things I'd rather do."

So, in that context, blogging seems thrilling. I've been doing plenty of knitting, after all. Here's my vest in progress from Arctic Lace. It's big -- I can't even fit half of it in the frame and show the detail, so I opted for detail. It's Silky Wool, bottom up, knit in one piece to the armpit. You get the idea.

I love the pattern so much I think I might use it to make some kitchen curtains. Or maybe if this vest doesn't turn out I'll just stick a rod in it and hang it in the window.

Needing something small to break the 300-stitch per row monotony, I whipped up Odessa this weekend. What a super little pattern. That Grumperina knows her stuff! I forsee many of these going out in Christmas packages later this year.

Gotta jet and pick up our little man at school. I guess the title of this blog entry was the most creative part. Don't say I didn't warn you. Thanks for making it all the way to the bottom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quail Hill Knits said...

Boy, do I know the feeling. I am sooooo behind right now that I really don't need one more task to take on.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I hear you about updating the blog, mine is often neglected. I'm so glad to find yours though. I love being able to catch up on everyone's knitting!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Knit as much as you can. I try to keep mine up to date but lately it has been non-knitting photo of National Parks. My knitting has gone to the wayside. I think the Artic Lace Vest is very interesting. A very different type of lace.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home