Sunday, September 23, 2007

Getting fleeced


One hump, or two?
Originally uploaded by littlekidd
Hello, it's me. Sporadic, erratic posting isn't likely to get me any sort of regular readership, but I figure this whole thing is mostly for family anyway. I decided this summer I would rather knit than blog. I have been knitting plenty. At some point I will take pictures of all the stuff I have knit and put it up for you to see. It's on my mind, but has been far down on the list. In the past few weeks we have checked the following things off that list: recovering from our Wyoming trek, starting kindergarten (Zack), teaching several knitting classes (me) and getting a new roof on our house.

The following things are next on the list: garage sale (next weekend), sister Laura's wedding in Cleveland, Halloween, visits from out-of-town friends and grandparents.

Of course after that comes Thanksgiving and Christmas and we all know what happens to our own pet projects then.

I realized though, that I actually took a picture today of Zack wearing something I knit for him that you haven't seen before. Today he and I went on a little adventure to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. He and this camel really hit it off. The sweater is a mock rugby shirt made from Cascade's "Cotton Rich." GREAT yarn for kids stuff if you haven't tried it. Knits best about about 4 or 4.5 sts/inch.

The sweater would look better with a placket. I was just too lazy to make one. I think I'll write up the pattern, tho. TO DO Item number 467 on the (still growing) list.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Glad to see you are back on line even if it is only sporatically. Love Zach's hair cut and can't wait to see some photos! Have fun at the wedding.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Sweet photo.
Li

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Sounds like you have been a busy lady! I love the picture of Zach with the camel. Great sweater too.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hey! Cool Camel and Cool shirt on Zach!!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home