Sunday, January 29, 2006

Primary Colors


Primary Colors
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
Here's a baby hat for a soon-to-be-born boy. I noticed while I was making it that the colors match Superman's costume -- maybe I can use leftovers to make something groovy and Superhero-ish for Zack.

I love to experiment with stitch patterns on baby hats. This one is from Barbara Walker's "Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns," I think. It's a slip stitch pattern, which means that, unlike Fair Isle, you only carry one color at a time. Woo hoo! It's SO easy. This particular slip stitch creates a magical check pattern.

The good news! My hubby bought the domain www.bipurlerdisorder.com... so in time I'll be able to spiff up this blog with a better template, images, layout, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home